For detangling, smoothing and grooming all types of medium to very long hair, try the DENMAN Paddle Brush.New Price:
A handy size (8-1/2"x2-1/2") bristle and nylon mixed brush that has 6 rings of stiff bristle and nylon mixed tufts. Recommended for use on normal hair.New Price:
The Spornette Prego Ceramic Styling Brush allows air to flow through, preventing flyaway hair from a dryer's air flow.New Price:
DENMAN Tangle Tamer with special, super-soft bristles to gently tame tangles.New Price:
The Mason Pearson Sensitive Bristle Brush is in a category of it's own, specially hand-crafted and developed for those with thinning or very fine hair.New Price:
A professional brush that comes in 4", 4-1/2", and 5" diameter, reinforced bristles set in a hardwood handle with rubber grips.New Price:
Unbreakable ceramic eliminates frizz and creates silky, smooth hair. Ceramic evenly spreads and holds heat longer, so hair dries faster. Ceramic makes hair look healthy and freshly conditioned.New Price:
Cricket Tourmaline Technique Thermal Brushes feature tourmaline ionic bristles that infuse moisture into the hair shaft and scalp.New Price:
DENMAN Thermocermaic Hot Curling Radial Brush is perfect for straightening, smoothing, and adding curl during blow drying.New Price:
Spornette Little Wonder is great for teasing.New Price:
"Go Green" with the eco-friendly Spornette ZHU Paddle Brush!New Price:
Spornette's Ion Fusion Boar/Nylon Cushion Brush has a Tangle Free, 1-piece handle that is lightweight and eliminates hair getting caught at the neck of the brush.New Price:
Phillips Breeze Oval Cushion Brush is a fully vented oval cushion for fast drying and styling.New Price:
Cricket Static Free FastFlo Styling Brush offers quick drying vent pattern and non-snag bristles while eliminating fly away hair and static.New Price:
The Marilyn Teasing Brush features 100% natural boar bristles with an elevated center row for increased texture when styling your hair. Extra long grip ensures comfort while styling.New Price:
Phillips Light Touch 6 is great for finishing and smoothing.New Price:
The Spornette Brent Brush has a one of a kind design that features the classic boar bristle with the added protection of looped bristles.New Price:
The Wet Brush Pro Select Paddle Edition Black is the Healthy after shower brush. No tears, no snags, no clumps, no tangles.New Price:
Olivia Garden Ceramic + Ion Supreme Paddle Brush softens and shines as you style.New Price:
The Marilyn Brush Cleaning Tool is the ONLY way to clean your brushes!New Price:
- Bristle Fibers
- Brush Styling
Flat, paddle, round or curved? Here's the long and short of it on choosing the right brush for your hair. Read more brush basics here.
What's the difference between natural or nylon? Use this guide to help you pick the best bristles for your style.
- Similar to human hair in structure, boar bristles (yes, from the animal) distribute natural oils throughout hair and create shine. Use boar bristle brushes for straightening hair and catching and holding hair while styling and setting curls. Common combos include: 100% boar; boar reinforced with nylon bristles; porcupine bristles with boar and nylon.
- Nylon bristles slide through any texture. Most nylon bristles offer some flexibility and won't pull or tug at tangles.
- Molded to the bristles, ceramic technology promotes healthier hair increasing negative ions for stronger locks.
- Ions infused into bristles emit negative ions, which reduce the size of water droplets on your hair, allowing some water to be absorbed. This leaves hair supple, strong, healthy and shiny.
- Thanks to a healthy dose of ionic power, tourmaline enhanced brushes condition, soften and add shine while enhancing volume and eliminating frizz.
- A vented brush has openings that allow air to flow through for faster drying time, amplified volume and enhanced texture.
- Round Barrel
- Round brushes add body and volume, allowing you to roll hair over or under the brush. They can be made of any bristle type. Many round brushes feature metal or ceramic barrels which help dry hair faster.
- Cushion brushes secure bristles into a rubber or synthetic pad. The size, shape, and thickness of the cushion helps determine the amount of "give" the bristles offer for flexible styling that won't tug at hair.
- These wide, flat brushes offer greater surface area for smoothing and straightening long hair.
- Styling and Finishing
- Styling hair brushes are multi-functional tools that put the finishing touches on your style. They're most commonly found with six to nine rows of tufts or straight bristles.
- With the right techniques, teasing brushes take hair to new heights for big, backcombed styles.