MAVALA 002 Protective Base Coat
- Fingernails that receive all necessary nutriments and grow normally may nevertheless be damaged by external factors so that they become fragile:
- the important development of detergents used by housewives is one of the cause of the weakening nails; concentrated acids and alkalis can cause certain nail disturbances and weaken nails rendering them prone to flaking.
- repeated mechanical damage such as that from collision with hard objects (like typing), or pressure (as from tight shoes in the case of toenails) may also damage nails.
- certain nitrocellulose used in some nail enamels forms a film that hinders the correct respiration of the nail causing softening and deterioration.
- the use of nail color directly onto nails allows color pigments to come in contact with the nail plate and cause staining.
- Such external abuse does not necessarily mean that all nails become soft or brittle, but unavoidably they can deteriorate if not properly protected. MAVALA 002 is a clear undercoat that combines protection to your nails and durability to your polish.
- After properly cleaning the nail and leaving no oily substance on its surface, apply one coat of MAVALA 002 over the entire nail plate, like a polish.
- Allow to dry and complete your manicure.
- About the brand
A double action base coat that not only protect nails from nail color, but holds color on twice as long.
Founded in Switzerland in 1958 by Madeline Van Landeghem (get it?) MAVALA opened its first manicure school in 1969. Best known for hand and nail care, MAVALA concentrates on combining beauty with treatment, offering everything you need to keep you hands looking pretty from cuticle creams to nail polish correctors.