one 'n only Colorfix
- This package includes 4 fl oz (118 ml) Color Reducer, 4 fl oz (118 ml) Conditioning Catalyst, and 4 fl oz (118 ml) Processing Lotion
- Gently removes permanent hair color no matter how long it has been in hair.
- Easily removes any level of hair color.
- Effective on all hair types - leaves hair in optimum condition.
- Precise control formula is easy to mix and apply.
- Does not contain ammonia, or formaldehyde.
- Gently reduces the size of color molecules, allows for easy color removal.
- No unpleasant odor.
- From 6 to 16 applications depending on whether use is for partial or full color correction.
- Apply to dry hair.
- Mix equal parts of Colorfix Part 1 Color Reducer and Part 2 Conditioning Catalyst in tint bowl or an applicator bottle. (Mix as much as will be needed for the density and length of hair that requires correction.) Wearing gloves and using a tint brush, apply quickly and evenly to the hair. If mixed in an applicator bottle, shake vigorously until thoroughly mixed (45 seconds to 1 minute). Gently work through the hair to ensure even penetration. After mixing Part 1 Color Reducer and Part 2 Conditioning Catalyst, use as quickly as possible, since the activity of the mixture decrease with time.
- Cover loosely with a plastic cap, and process up to 20 minutes. Strand test frequently. Low, warm dryer heat may be used to speed processing time.
- Rinse hair for 3-5 minutes and shampoo. If sufficient color is not removed, repeat Step 2 and 3 (this may be done on damp, towel-dried hair). Depending on condition of scalp and hair, do not repeat process more than 2-3 times.
- When desired level of color removal has been achieved, apply Processing Lotion for 5 minutes. (Due to the nature of dye molecules, it is possible that hair may redarken to an unacceptable level. If it does, repeat Steps 2-4 on damp hair, until sufficient color is removed.)
- Rinse well. Dry hair with a warm heat setting. (A hot setting may cause scalp irritation.) You may now proceed with your color application, if performing a full color corrective service.
- Mix 1/4 oz Part 1 Color Reducer + 1/4 oz Part 2 Conditioning Catalyst + 1 oz Shampoo.
- Wearing gloves, apply to damp, towel-dried hair. Apply only to the areas of the hair that require lightening, and work into lather. To determine timing, take a strand test frequently.
- When the desired shade has been reached, rinse thoroughly and shampoo.
- Always strand test color formulas to be used prior to application. Remember, porous hair will absorb colors more quickly and the resulting hair color may be slightly darker. You may need to formulate 1-2 levels lighter than desired result.
- Always use a low pH conditioner after an application of Colorfix. This will help protect the hair, and return it to a more normal state.
- Colorfix is developed to remove oxidative dyes. Since most semipermanent colors are combination of direct dyes and oxidative dyes, Colorfix may only partially remove these.
- About the brand
Removes unwanted permanent hair color. Controlled usage allows color correction to specific areas. Designed for full or slight color corrections.
For full color correction:
For slight color correction (lighten color that has gone too dark or ashen):
Tips for successful color correction:
One 'n Only hair care creates affordable products that cover your hair needs from color fix to perms.