Folica, Inc. Wedding Hair Instagram Contest (the "Contest") OFFICIAL RULES
1. Eligibility: Wedding Hair Instagram Contest (the "Contest") is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least thirteen (13) years old at the time of entry and who did not purchase any equipment for the purposes of entering this Contest. Employees of Folica, Inc as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void outside the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia and where prohibited.
2. Sponsor: Folica, Inc., 315 Madison Avenue, Floor 12, New York, NY 10017
3. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in this Contest constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor's and Administrator's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Winning the prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Timing: The Contest begins on February 01, 2014 and ends February 28, 2013 @ 3:00 AM EST ("Contest Period"). Sponsor's computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
5. How to Enter: During the Contest Period, take a photograph using the Instagram app of any fun, wedding hairstyle ("Submission") and then post your photograph on Instagram so that it is publicly viewable (Instagram accounts from which submissions are made must not be private, and must be viewable to the public).
By uploading your Submission, you agree that your Submission conforms to the Photo Guidelines and Content Restrictions as defined below (collectively, the "Guidelines and Restrictions") and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may remove your Submission and disqualify you from the Contest if it believes that your Submission fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions.
(i) it must be tagged with #FolicaWedding;
(ii) any and all persons in your photograph must be over the age of 15 and/or you must have their written consent to be included in the photograph;
(iii) the photograph must NOT include any third party intellectual property such as trademarks, logos or service marks other than Sponsor's trademarks (i.e., Folica);
(iv) the photograph must not include any obscene, pornographic or inappropriate images, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Any and all such photographs will be disqualified; and
(v) the photograph must be the original work of the entrant.
Entries not satisfying the above requirements will be disqualified.
6. Winner Determination: Qualified entries that are received by Sponsor between the weekly Start Date and End Date will be entered into the contest.
Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same Instagram account. In the event of a dispute as to any entrant, the authorized Instagram account holder will be deemed to be the registrant. A winner will be chosen at random and at the discretion of the Sponsor on the 1st of August 2013. As a condition of entering, participants (or their parent or legal guardian if a minor) accept and agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Judge, which shall be binding and conclusive in all respects. Up to 3 winners will be selected and posted on Sponsor's Instagram feed and Facebook page (username: @folica) on the applicable Posting Date.
7. Winner Requirements: Winner will be notified through Instagram, Twitter and Facebook messaging on the Posting Date. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to execute and return the Declaration within the required time period, or does not comply with these Official Rules, potential winner forfeits the prize. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the prize may be awarded to a runner-up, if any, in Sponsor's sole discretion. Only three (3) alternate winners may be determined, after which the prize will remain un-awarded. Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify winner's agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the winner's name, city, state, likeness, photo, Submission and/or prize information in connection with the Contest for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law. Without limiting the generality of these Official Rules, the winner shall irrevocably grant, transfer, convey and assign to Sponsor the entirety of the rights in and to the Submission and all renewals and extensions of copyright, and the right to secure copyright registrations thereto in perpetuity including, without limitation, the rights to use the Submission for any and all purposes in any and all media whether now known or hereafter developed, on a worldwide basis, in perpetuity. The winner accepts and acknowledges that Sponsor shall not be obligated to use the Submission and that Sponsor in its sole discretion shall have the right to refrain from using the Submission. Sponsor shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the extent Sponsor chooses to refrain from any exploitation of its rights hereunder. The winner will indemnify Sponsor, Released Parties (as defined in Section 9, below) and any licensee of Sponsor against all claims, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including reasonable counsel fees and legal expenses) arising out of any breach of these terms.
8. Prizes: Three different prizes will be awarded to three different entrants. Sedu Revolution flat iron, Sedu 6000i hair dryer and a $100.00 voucher for use on Folica.com. Prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided at the Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use.
9. Release: By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, Administrator and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company's officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
10. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winner from among all non-suspect, eligible Submissions received up to time of such action using the judging procedure outlined above. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the Submission process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated Submissions. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys' fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Limitations of Liability: Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Submission process or the Contest; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest, the uploading, the processing or judging of Submissions, the announcement of the prizes or in any Contest-related materials; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize (including any travel/activity related thereto). Released Parties are not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable Submissions or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized third party use of any Submission.
12. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
© 2012 ePrize, LLC. All rights reserved.